Thursday, March 11, 2010

And so it begins...

Today I'm 40. Ugh. I had a great birthday, though. My sweet pickle, aka my son, woke me up with a fabulous picture he drew for me of the Cat in the Hat. He knows I love cats, so that's what he came up with. I love it, even though Cat's tail does, unfortunately, look like, umm, let's just say Cat definitely loolks like a boy. Then after he got off to school, my Hub let me sleep late (which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact that he was playing a video game) and then we went thrift store shopping. Got a great deal on a beautiful dresser for the boy's room, with a mirror. Until the guys loading it into the car dropped the mirror and shattered it. Then Goodwill said they couldn't refund our money (but they would issue us a credit instead) because we'd paid with a debit card, which is stupid because I have worked retail for ever and I know it is a pain in the ass but it can be done. So anyway, we finally agreed to get about half of our money back in the form of a credit and keep the dresser, and the frame for the mirror. So I'm actually pretty happy about it. My Hub got me a great cookbook of Asian fusion cooking for my collection and my boy gave me a couple of small cat figurines for that collection and a homemade card. Then we went to Olive Garden for dinner with most of my family and I was really happy with what I ordered, which when you have a big group of people doesn't always happen. We also put a kitchen table I really like on layaway and hope to get it out soon after we move to our new apartment next month. So, like I said, a really good day. And I decided to start a blog, because I sometimes feel like I have something to say. Maybe people will want to read it, maybe not. Gonna write anyway, catharsis and all that.
I am 40, I'm a SAHM of a fantastic 7 year old boy and the wife of a great husband. We live at the beach in SC, which is awesome. Being less than a mile from the ocean is wonderful. I love to read, love cats, love trying to quilt and knit and all that stuff, love to cook. I plan to go back to the school in the fall--which is one reason why the apt. we are moving to is perfect because it is totally in walking distance of the campus, as well as a wonderful park with a lake, lots of shops and restaurants and a movie theater and a Barnes and Noble and very close to the libray and really I don't know what else a person could ask for. Oh yeah, and still only about a mile from the beach. Sigh.
Ok, that's enough for now. Hopefully, something interesting will happen tomorrow so I'll have something to write about. Until then...
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment