Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tired Saturday...

Okay now this is really getting ridiculous. I have got to start packing, I have every intention of packing, and then I leave my house for "just a while" and come home several hours later, exhausted and in pain and proceed to sit on my ass and get nothing else done the rest of the night! Aargh! I'm starting to annoy myself.
Yesterday I finally, FINALLY, got my car fixed and decided I had to drive around and do some fun stuff since I really haven't had any freedom for months. So I went to see my sister and hung out all day until it was time to come home for Pickle. We thrift shopped a bit and my legs were killing me by the time I got home. I actually went to bed and pretty much stayed there, with the exception of heating up some crap to feed my poor family for dinner. I don't even remember what it was but it didn't count as cooking, that's for sure.
Then today my Hub overslept and I had to get up at 7:30 to iron his work clothes for him (which if you knew me you'd know this is an ungodly hour, and on a Saturday, no less) and since my Mama had mentioned going yard-saleing, I hauled my lazy butt up and got ready to go out. I did make Alex a banana sandwich for breakfast, and coffee for me, and then I laid back down for another hour or so with my TV on, but he point is that I got ready and we were out of the house by 10 or so. I mentioned that I didn't want to be gone all day, but I really don't know who I was trying to kid with that funny talk. We went to several yard sales (I got a great little green shirt for a quarter!) and then to lunch at a restaurant we had been wanting to try. It was Grecian and was very good, btw. Then we went to Wally World to get some groceries (again, more quick foods like frozen pizza and sandwich stuff because I intend to pack up the damn kitchen and not be able to cook for the next two weeks) and back home to put them away.
So you think I'm home, I can relax and get some things done, right? Ok. Pickle is bugging me to death because he wants to go to the skate park (poor kid, he has no place to play here and he loves to skateboard) and we needed to get his hair cut because he might start getting mistaken for guitarist rock god Slash if we don't. So Mama calls and wants to go with us and fine, off we go. We get to the barber shop and the wait is 25 mins and surprise! Mama doesn't want to wait that long. I knew she wouldn't but oh well. So we leave, sans haircut, and take Slash to the skate park, which we wouldn't let him stay and skate on because it is 5:00 and the big boys are there. My boy is little. He's 7, so no go. We did take him to the empty school parking lot and he tried to skate there but it's just not the same. So by the time we get home, it's 6:00 and my knees, ankles, elbows are on fire. I am getting no packing done today.
I heated a frozen pizza for the fam, poor guys are just as happy with that as if I'd cooked, and vegged out the rest of the night. One bright spot, I walked into my bedroom to find the Pickle snuggled up in my bed watching Snow White. Just when I think he's growing up too fast, and I can't take another "teenager" show like Zack and Cody or whatever, I find him being a sweet little boy. I love that kid!
So the plan for Sunday is as follows: put some chicken in the crockpot (that will be packed last, definitely,) change the sheets and get all the laundry done, pack all the bookshelves and end tables, and go to the beach to relax in the afternoon. I hope it will be 70 and beautiful like it was today!
Oh Crap. I just remebered what it was I forgot at the grocery. Coffee. Well, let's hope Sam's Coke Zero has enough caffeine to get me going! Let you know tomorrow...
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment