Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blue & Gold Banquet...

So today was the Blue & Gold Banquet for Cub/Boy Scouts. Bobby and Alex made a dessert to enter in the contest, which was only open to dads and boys. I laid on the couch while they were making it and tried not to interfere. It was very cute-a brownie landscape with blue jello lake and Swedish fish and a boy scout made out of marshmallows and pretzels fishing in it. I have been very tired all day, due mainly to the fact that the boys (Alex and his buddy Sam) stayed up literally all night playing. They were in Alex's room and I could tell they were trying to be quiet but they still kept me up. So when I did get up for the day I was grumpy all day (sorry, honey.) We made it to the banquet and afterward went to Target to return a wallet I'd gotten for a birthday present. So the Target people made me mad because of their asinine return policy, which I'll probably talk about later-can't go into it now because I'm finally in a better mood, and I ended up not finding anything I wanted. On the way home I mentioned that I wished we were going to the new apt. instead of our current one and Hub asked if I wanted to ride by, even though it was completely in the other direction, and of course I said yes. We stopped to get a bottle of water (so thirsty!) and went by the house. So I don't know if it was because I drank the water, which was the first healthy thing I'd had all day, or if it was seeing the house, or a combination but either way I got home in a lot better mood. Go figure. Alex went to bed like a good boy, with no complaints, and Bobby is in bed and I just might go on too. BTW, Alex was so good at the banquet! He sat quietly and paid attention to the speakers (even though the whole thing was boring as hell, and, as usual, not very well run) and was just very respectful and good. I certainly cannot say the same for the rest of the kids there. Several at our table alone were just little hellions even though their parents were right there! Alex wasn't even sitting at our table-for some reason he chose a different table and we watched him behave from afar. That's my boy! The rest of the parents and kids should be ashamed of themselves. Honestly, people, get it under control. And that's all for now, folks. Until tomorrow...
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment