My boy is having his first sleepover tonight with a friend from next door. They are playing the playstation, eating pizza rolls, and will soon be watching a movie and eating popcorn. Oh, the fun we will have tonight. Daddy just got off work and is busy buying ingredients for the dessert he and Alex have to make for the Father/Scout competition tomorrow night at the Boy Scout Blue & Gold Banquet. Alex will get his Wolf badge, which he has been working toward since second grade started. The dessert can only be made by daddies and sons-no moms allowed and Bobby won't even let me help them come up with the recipe or design. I'm thinking, maybe I'm gonna go hide in my room for the rest of the night! Crap, before I can do that I have to scoop kitty litter (the litter box is in my connected bathroom and it really reeks) or I won't be able to breathe. I scoop every day, like a good Kitty Mama, but with one box and two cats it HAS to be done every single day-and is way better if it gets done twice a day. Haven't touched it today yet and since it is 8 pm, you can tell just by venturing near the end of the hall. Since I haven't really done much today it shouldn't be such a big deal, all I did was go to next small town over with Mama and make a payment on my new kitchen table I put on layaway yesterday (didn't have any at the Kmart in my town) and then since we were there we checked out the GoodWill. We didn't find anything worth getting there and it was getting time to get home before Pickle did on the school bus so we stopped at the WalMart for bananas and soy milk (for those of you who don't know, if you go anywhere with my mom you will most likely have to stop at some point on the way home and get bananas and soy milk!) and then came on home. I took a nap for a little while and since then have just been blog surfing. Heating up pizza rolls and searching for the remote and the phone don't seem to really count as working but I sure feel tired! Which leads me to think-- I should probably check my blood sugar, as this exhausted feeling is surely a sign that my blood glucose levels are way too high. I am a really, really bad diabetic. Meaning, I don't test the way I should (I forget to!) and don't take my meds the way I should (again, I forget to!) and definitely don't exercise the way I should (I'm lazy!) I know, I know, I need to do all those things and get my numbers under control and get my life under control. I do well for a few days, then I fall off the wagon because it all gets too much with the finger pricking and the insulin taking and yada yada. But okay--I'm gonna go test/take my meds now because I am too tired for someone who hasn't done anything today and I have to get on the ball so I can get some packing done. I need to be ready to go on April 1st-so excited to get into the new apartment and I want to be neat and organized from day one. Otherwise, I know how it will go and let's just say, it won't be pretty. I might get back here later tonight and if I do, I'll let you know what my numbers were. My guess, based on the way I feel, is around 450. Don't yell, I know. Until then...
Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment