Thursday, March 18, 2010

So much for promises...

Okay so when I finally put down on, er, paper, that I'm gonna write every single day, I get a migraine the next day and I'm out of commission for 2 days. Add in another day just cause I'm lazy and, well, you get the picture.
So there hasn't been much progress on the packing front. I know, I know, I have to get off my ass and get to gettin'. I don't know why I haven't had much desire to do so. I am sooo ready to move-still loving the new place, or rather the idea of it. We did all go traipsing over there today to show it off. That is, me and Bobby and Alex, Mama of course, and Aunt Dale, Gramma, Aunt Faye and Uncle Ken. Nobody had seen it yet but us and Mama. So we went over and everybody seemed to like it a lot. And every time we go the neighborhood just seems better and better. We saw the people next door (to the right of us-the ones not in the same duplex) pull up to their place with 2 or 3 dogs in the car. The guy waved (I think Bobby did first) but the girl just went on in. The dogs were cute, though. Alex did, however, notice a dog poo in our back yard as he was rolling around in it. The yard, not the poo. I think. Sigh. Anyway, I can see I'm gonna have to keep my eyes out for people not picking up after their pets. And we saw a black and white cat, very similar to ours except for this one was more white, sitting in the bedroom window right next to Alex's in the other side of the duplex. So we know those people are cat lovers, too. Why else would they have so kindly left the window cracked for kitty and put something on which he could perch so near the window?
And just as we are all standing around in the yard, because oh yes, we do all tend to hang out in a big group, I notice a wee little boy watching from across the street. Then just as I'm asking Alex if he knows the little tyke, the kid comes over and says, with his hand outstretched for a slap, "Yo Alex what's up?" Alex answers back and voila-instant buddy in the 'hood. I hope this kid isn't gonna be, how can I put this delicately, trashy, like some of the ones he has found to pal around with here. But at any rate, we can see his bus stop from our tiny little front porch (note to self==get rocking chair for the front porch) and we saw several children playing and so I'm sure everything is gonna be alright. Most important of all, the Boy seems happy with the place over all, likes his room and loves the yard and trees and sidewalk and he won't have to play in the back alley anymore. Hurrah!
So I should prolly shut up now, since nobody is reading this anyway, and go to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow and follow the Hub into work so WalMart can put a new battery in my car. Oh, my little Rio. How I have missed you. I know, I maligned you so when you ran so loyally for me for so long. Then I got tired of your little-ness and your purple-ness and whatever else I loved about you at first. Indeed, these were some of the reasons I picked you in the first place. But since your tags were expired and then your battery dead and I haven't been able to drive you in months, I do realize how much I missed you! Please forgive me. Tomorrow I will drive you all over, just because I can. Please God let there be nothing else wrong with you. I shall take you from Wally World to the NMB Library and to the Salvation Army. Maybe even to stop in at other thrift stores or at my sister's. Then back home again in order to be here in time for Pickle to get home from school. And then on to packing. So until the morrow...
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment